The Lab is a monthly membership based skills training program.
This proven development program is led by USA Basketball licensed instructors for players looking to develop their skills and "basketball IQ".
The Lab is open to girls AND boys of ALL skills and ability: from beginners to elite.
The program is designed for young players in 2nd- 8th grade.
The Lab runs monthly sessions during the grassroots offseason September-February.
*Specific training nights differ based on your location.
Young players spend too much time preparing for games, instead of working on their personal game. The average 13U player plays over 100 games between middle school, feeder and travel teams (an NBA season is only 82 games). It is important that kids get a chance to take a physical and mental break from the pressures of game play.
- Rest: Give players mental and physical break from grueling tournament schedule of traditional travel season
- Skills: Will develop from basic to advanced in finishing, shooting and game moves.
- IQ: Teaching players when and why to use specific moves/skills.
- Practice to master a basic skill.
- Next we teach the skill as an in-game move.
- Finally variation is introduced, which challenges players to make reads.
This training process is best to translate to success game success.
Interested in joining The Lab?